Before meeting a divorce attorney to discuss your case, it’s helpful to compile a list of questions to ask him or her during your initial consultation. Though it’s no secret divorce cases can be incredibly complex, the experienced divorce attorneys at The Pinkerton Law Firm in Dallas can answer the following questions in addition to any other concerns you may have.
- What approach will you take to resolve my case?
- What is your hourly rate and retainer fee?
- How might spousal support (alimony), child support, and parental responsibility be ordered in my case?
- How will our property and assets be divided?
- Do you encourage mediation? If so, can you assist me with the mediation process?
- How long will it take to finalize my divorce?
- Do you think my case will have to go to trial?
Before wrapping up the consultation, find out if there are any relevant questions you might have neglected to ask. An experienced and knowledgeable divorce attorney will have paid close attention to the information you have discussed and will offer their best legal advice.
For those contemplating divorce, meeting with an attorney for the first time can be intimidating. But, by being prepared, organized, and honest, you will be able to take advantage of your consultation.
Our Dallas divorce attorneys understand the amount of stress a divorce can put on your entire family, which is why we are here to help. Arrange a thorough and confidential discussion with one of our attorneys by calling (469) 523-1355